This site is dedicated to my sled dogs, their well being and their care while we train for and run the 2007 Yukon Quest 300 dog sled race. Particularly it is dedicated to the memory of Talbot and Rocket, two of the most amazing lead dogs ever to hit the trail, now gone to better trails.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Not much time for Blogging right now, as we are busy running longer runs (50 miles and up), cutting meat and packaging it for the food drop next Saturday etc. The snow continues to fall in small amounts and training is going well. There are still 13 dogs in the pool, so it will be interesting to see who makes it and who does not. The dogs all seem happy and are holding their weight well with the longer runs.

Even though time is short, I would like to thank my Sister Eileen and her partner, Marcello who live in Montelpuciano Italy for sponsoring Fiona, one of the team dogs. More about that sponsorship at a later date.

Also, Heathers Siblings and their spouses, Kim And Karen, Roberta and Tim, TJ (SP?? I will get it right I promise ) and Scott and Tory and Leo have sponsored Sindbad, one of the wheel dogs. Hopefully there will be a bit more time next week to expand on these sponsors and their dogs, but once again, thanks to all of them for the support.

Happy training.

Sean

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger yvonne said...

hi sean and heather, this is yvonne

my mom just sent me your blog and web info, it looks fantastic.
I just wanted you to know that sam , mike and I are rooting for.

looking forward to hearing from you

yvonne

6:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home